Update: EBRSO says a 14-year-old female has been charged with terrorizing in this incident. The girl allegedly sent the threatening video via airdrop from an iPhone, to a school administrator. The video showed people standing in front of a building when a gun appears and shooting begins. The caption read “be ready Woodlawn.”
Original: A spokesperson with the EBR School system said that Woodlawn Elementary, Middle and High Schools will all have increased security on Tuesday due to an electronic threat that may have referenced the middle school.
“The video threat is believed to be a copycat from a similar threat made earlier this year,” said the spokesperson.
Monday night, parents received this message:
“Please be aware that a threat was made electronically that may have referenced Woodlawn Middle School. The school is working with the district security team and law enforcement to investigate the threat and an increased police presence has been requested to support the school with the situation is reviewed.”
The following statement was released by the EBR School system a short time later
“The East Baton Rouge Parish School System was made aware that a threat was sent electronically that referenced a Woodlawn School. The schools are working with the district security team and law enforcement to investigate the threat and an increased police presence has been requested to support the school while the situation is reviewed.”
The East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office is investigating the incident and has released no further details at this time.